Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Favorite Drugstore Brand Mascara! (Deal of the Week)

Hey ladies --

Hope you're having a great week so far! I just wanted to share my recent drugstore purchase + what may be the ultimate beauty deal of the week!!!

To start off, this is what I got from my local Rite Aid today (September 25, 2012):

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara!
1. "Lots of Lashes" in Blackest Black
2. "Waterproof Hydrofuge" in Very Black

To my understanding, this legendary line of Maybelline mascaras can either swoon you into fandom or mildly disappoint -- and I am the former, a complete and utter fanatic of the Great Lash line, ever since I've laid hands on make up!

I was first recommended the product by a professional make up artist (personal story: she's the one who did my high school prom make up years and years ago!). And though I've strayed away now and again, I always ended coming back to this pink and green tube of sheer lash perfection!

 





 Great Lash "Lots of Lashes"








The first Great Lash mascara I got is the "Lots of Lashes" in Blackest Black. I personally am I huge fan of very black mascara, so I'm drawn to buying the darkest tone available. This would be the 3rd mascara I've purchased from the "Lots of Lashes" collection. The fact that I've repurchased it THRICE already hints at my adoration of this line of mascara!


Close up of the application tip

To get right into the nitty-gritty of it..

THE PROS:
  1. The Great Lash formula hasn't changed from the Original -- non-flaky, visibly moist, and heavily pigmented.
  2. The "new" and unique applicator allows you to reach EVERY SINGLE lash, even those you never knew you had (especially the inner corner of your eyes)!
  3. Also the rubber applicator is practical in separating lashes -- I've rarely had clumping problems.
  4. Voluminous results never disappoint.
THE CON(?):
  1. Occasionally the mascara would smudge after a long arduous day. Frankly speaking, no way is this a viable con though... only because the mascara never sold itself as a waterproof product!

Hence, the reason why I bought the second mascara --








 Great Lash "Waterproof Hydrofuge"












My plan is to coat the "Lots of Lashes" with this waterproof one to prevent the ever so slight mishap I had with it!


Now, HERE'S THE REAL JUICY PART OF THE POST -- I bought both mascaras for a mere $3.38 (+ tax)! Can you believe this incredible deal?!

So how did I do it?
WELL to start off, Rite Aid is currently have a BOGO 50% for all Maybelline cosmetics. That honestly was enough to get me buying two mascaras.
But to my luck, all $15+ Maybelline purchases comes with $5 +UP Rewards (which is the equivalence to money I can spend in Rite Aid)! What's even weirder is that I didn't purchase $15 worth of cosmetics, yet I got the +UP Rewards!!!

$8.38 for two mascaras - $5 +UP Rewards = $3.38!

I personally love to shop at drugstores, and especially Rite Aid because it's less than a block away from home! I'll be using the +UP Rewards in no time :)

So ladies, if you have a Rite Aid nearby RUN and GRAB some lash-lovin' Maybelline mascara! It's seriously a deal to die for (in my opinion).


Hope you have a great week & look forward to another beauty RANT/RAVE by your one and only.

HINT: My next anticipated post will be on more high-end products. It has to do with skin care (and rosacea treatment)!

xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment