Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 2012 ipsy & birchbox

WOOT WOOT two posts in a day!

I received my ipsy bag last night and bb this morning -- and, of course, couldn't wait to share them with you! I already took a sneak peek at this month's items -- while ipsy got me totally hyped, bb was a HUGE letdown. I now truly understand what people mean about bb being a hit or miss.. October's box was awesome, while November's box I wouldn't have missed even if it got lost in transaction.

Anyways, to start, here are my November ipsy goodies! This month's theme is "Party Perfect" - quite appropriate with all the upcoming holiday parties!

This month's bag is a dark brown nylon fabric bag with a patent trim and gold-toned zipper. It's extremely cheap looking/feeling (you hear paper crackling when you open the bag.. so odd), so I won't be using it. It also has a pungent chemical odor that I find appalling. Fortunately, I don't care much for the bag -- just the content inside of it!

 November ipsy goodies!


  Intense Eyeliner in Black by Starlet

This is the first of two full-sized products in this month's bag. It's a classic wooden eyeliner - well pigmented but has a dry consistency (I'm a bit hesitant about using this on my eyelids, as my skin is extremely sensitive).

Defining Eyebrow Gel by Chella

The "or" item I received was the eyebrow gel by Chella, which I am utterly ecstatic about! Being the mascara fiend that I am, I really didn't need another added to the collection. Eyebrow gel, on the other hand, is a totally new product for me. This eyebrow gel is clear and works quite well at maintaining loose strands here and there -- so far so good!



Nail Lacquer in Millionaire by Nailtini     

Adorable packaging and name! The color is also a big plus as I don't own anything like it - a clear base with rectangular blue-green hologram strands, rectangular gold strands, and gold microglitter. The polish is literally chock full of glitter and holograms that one layer is enough to get the appropriate effect on your nails. My only issue with the polish is the vapor it emits - it's a lot more acrid and harsh than that of higher-end polish brands like OPI and Essie. In fact, the 'flammable' sign proves unnecessary as it clearly smells volatile! :(





 
 
 



Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss by bareMinerals

The bareMinerals lipgloss definitely lived up to my expectations and beyond -- I got it in the shade "Dare Devil" and it's absolutely scrumptious looking for the fall! I just dab a bit on the inner part of my lips (almost like a tint) to get a subtle color and gloss. Though not mentioned, I feel it has a plumping effect on the lips. At contact, it feels tingly and tastes mint/berry-like.








 Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali by theBalm

How adorable is the name and packaging? I just oo-ed and aw-ed at this tiny shadow pallete :) The color is a dark matte brown with purple undertones, so it'll work well for a smokey eye look (I would presume, since I don't wear much eyeshadow all together).

* * *

And here's November's birchbox -- I won't talk about it much (if at all) as I was highly disappointed. For reference, I got box #3.

The items list for my November birchbox

Four teeny tiny samples and one food item..
OH, THE DISAPPOINTMENT!

mm... I don't want to talk about my November bb, it's too depressing.
I won't unsubscribe from bb as of yet (it's only my second box), but I no longer anticipate the December bb. If I do, I'm afraid I might be let down again! :(

If you're a fellow bb subscriber, I sincerely hope your box was better than mine!

Stay warm and beautiful,
xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment