Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Skincare Tips & Tricks

This post has been inspired by the considerable interest my Rosacea Treatment/Skincare Routine post has gotten in the past few days!

Here are just some tips & tricks I use throughout my skincare routine:




    While I use only a dime-size amount of facewash, I make it worthwhile and really clean my face inch-by-inch, pore-by-pore! I invest a good 3-5 minutes every morning/night rubbing the goodness into my face. 









    I try not 'touching' my face when washing off the facewash; rather, I shape my hands like a bowl, collect some lukewarm water (be warned: hot water is VERY bad for the skin -- has aging effects), and gently sweep off the bubbles with the water and minimal touching.






    I always rinse my face with very cold water at the end. Not only is it invigorating, but it's also great at constricting pores!







     Air dry your face if you can! If not, pat dry with a face-only towel.



    Take a piece of ice cube (you may want to hold it with a tissue as it can get very cold), and glide it all over your face till it melts. You will literally feel your pore constrict to nothingness. This apparently is a Korean celebrity-favorite skincare secret!







    Immediately trap the moisture with a facial spray (I use the Eau Thermale Spring Water by Avene).







    When applying products, take a 30 second break between each product, allowing for full absorption of each in the order you apply.







    Face-oil is the 'it' item in the beauty industry today for its cleansing and hydrating properties -- though I don't use one (yet), you can mix a tiny droplet with your foundation for a cleaner, flake-less finish!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment