Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 2013 ipsy

Hello hello!!

Wow, it's super windy and chilly here in the East Coast.. I hope everyone bundles up and keeps warm! Also, a word of warning: watch out for flying trash (I got hit by an empty Starbucks cup lol)!

My ipsy/my glam bag arrived quite early this month, specifically on the 12th. Let's see what goodies were included in this month's bag :)

 This month's theme is "Red Carpet Ready"
Channel your inner celebrity!

The products list (from left-to-right order):
  1. Pixi -- Flawless & Poreless Primer
  2. Coastal Scents -- Shadow Palette Sample ("In the Spotlight")
  3. Micabeauty -- Gel eyeliner in Black
  4. Lash Card -- The Lash Card x4
  5. Pop Beauty -- Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara


Though I don't know much about this brand, face primers are always a welcome addition to my makeup collection! The "pore minimizing" promise leaves much to be desired, but the primer does a good job overall preparing the face for foundation. The off putting plastic scent quickly dissipates after application. A great formula without parabens or sulfates, this primer deserves a 4/5.


I'm not a big eye shadow wearer, but I love testing colors and this Coastal Scents quad is too cute to resist! I received the quad "In the Spotlight" which includes very neutral, wearable colors. Three shadows are glittery and one (Sunbeam) is matte. Dark Goldenrod and Golden Globe had the best color pay offs, while Dark Golden Olive and Sunbeam took quite some rubbin'.. therefore I give this product a 3.5/5.


Now I'm not totally disappointed that I got a eyeliner brush in my last glam bag! I had much anticipation about this product as I always wanted to try the Mac gel eyeliner but never got around purchasing. If this eyeliner is full-size, it alone pays for this month's glam bag as it retails for $30! The consistency is very smooth and non-clumping and the shade is a true black. I'm just crossing my fingers that these won't dry out quickly like my Wet 'n Wild ones did! I give this a 5/5 :)


Am I the only one who finds this product wasteful? Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant and innovative.. but equally wasteful! I already use the namecard trick to avoid mascara smudging, which is all the Lash Card really is (but patented and officially "named"). But behold, there gleams a ray of hope! :) I happened to watch a YouTube review from a fellow glammie, and she recommended using these cards to hold down drying false lashes. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! For that, I give the Lash Card a 3/5 (I would've given it a 1/5 without the false lash compressor idea!).


Oh Lord, another mascara sample? While I love sampling new mascaras, I'm often afraid the ones I already have may dry up since I have so many! This particular mascara wasn't anything special -- a typical brush head with a thin formula (giving a great natural finish, but lacks its namesake "kapow"). I might get some use of it during lazy stay-at-home days, as I'd still want to pretty up a bit in case a friend or the bf shows up :) I give this mascara a 3/5.


I'm yet to be disappointed by ipsy. Though I don't need anymore makeup, I'd love to stay a subscriber as long as ipsy distributes great for-the-value bags like this!

I sincerely hope you found this post helpful :)

Have a safe, warm, and beautiful week!
xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment