Sunday, February 3, 2013

Zoya Polishes Review

Hello my lovelies!

Wow, it's already February. Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Who are you rooting for tonight? As always, I'm rooting for none other than the commercials haha :)

Anyways, my Zoya order just came in so I'll be doing a non-makeup non-skincare related post today. Nailcare is still considered beauty after all, right?

Being the shop savvy (more like poor premed) gal that I am, I took full advantage of Zoya's 3 free polish + $10 shipping and handling offer that was happening throughout December 2012. I personally think this was a great deal, considering how pricey their polishes retail for.

The shipping took quite a while (that's an understatement -- it took 5 weeks), but Zoya did give a fair warning to their customers about a 4 week projected delivery date. I guess this is the one downfall of getting "free" stuff!


Here are the 3 polishes I picked:

 Shelby, Yummy, and Wednesday


Zoya polishes are non-toxic and free of toluene, formaldehyde, DBP (phthalates) and camphor (for those of you environment friendly ladies).

Unfortunately, the new Spring 2013 collection was not a part of the deal. Without the restrictions, I would've chosen all 3 polishes from the new collection as all the colors are absolutely stunning!

I chose what I thought were good spring/summer colors from past collections, though it's still full-blown wintertime here in the East Coast. Seeing these bring poppy colors just make me feel so warm and bubbly inside! :)

Shelby -- bubble gum pink that I'd imagine my Barbie doll from the yesteryears would wear. Very cute and none like what I have, so I just had to get it!

Yummy -- robin egg blue that screams beaches and picnics. I fell in love with this color at first sight and had to put it on immediately. The color pay off is true-to-bottle, if anything a slight darker on the nails. Here is a photo:

Wednesday -- reminiscent of OPI's Thanks A Windmillion, but brighter and cuter. Nuff said.


What do you think about the colors I got? And if you got the Zoya deal like I have, which colors have you gotten? I would love to know!

Stay warm & beautiful,
xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment