Sunday, March 3, 2013

Body Acne Remedy

Hey y'all!

Did everyone enjoy the mean green weekend (aka St. Patrick's Day)? If you're of age, hope you were having fun responsibly! haha :)

Goodness, it's already March! I tell you, soon enough we'll all be shedding our bleak winter layers to prance around in those colorful summer dresses and teeny tiny yellow polka dot bikinis! (Spring break, anyone?!)

So today, I'd very appropriately like to share how I deal with body acne, specifically those on the back and chest area. After all, you want to glow in beautiful smooth skin to lure those hunky men on hot Miami sand! ;)

For one, I'm thankful for the lack of facial acne (minus the occasional hormonal pimples). However in the recent months, I've been getting irritable body acne on my upper/mid back and chest areas. Not much has changed in my life, so I'd have to think the sudden outbreak of these annoying red pustules is due to the cold, dry winter here in NY. *sad face*

I did find some drugstore products that seem to assuage the problem areas. Here they are --

My remedy starts in the shower with Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Wash. This particular bottle is brand new -- the one I'm currently using is the Pink Grapefruit Wash and it smells absolutely divine! The original orange wash smells more medicinal, but I wanted to give both products a try :)
The wash didn't really work to lessen the body acne by itself, but used in conjunction with the Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Spray, it works wonderfully!

This spray is an absolute miracle worker as my back acne (or bacne) totally cleared with it! It has a 360 spraying range which is very convenient when spraying your own back. Now, take note that it takes a while for the spray to show its effects. Be patient and consistent with the spray, and I guarantee you'll see results within 2 weeks!
I'd say avoid spraying it on your face, though you may be tempted. It's only 0.5% salicylic acid, but it's a body spray after all..


I came to the unfortunate realization that my chest acne (which is more obvious than my back acne as I wear low cut tops time to time) is a lot more stubborn than my back acne. UGH! In search for a stronger dose of salicylic acid, I ended up finding this Spot Lotion from Clearasil.

A Word of Warning: The active ingredient is 2% salicylic acid, so it can be drying on the skin. During the first week of use, my skin was quite irritable and itchy due to the lotion. I soon realized, and started applying it less often (once every two days).

When used correctly (and in moderation), this lotion is great for those stubborn, raw cystic acne types!


Now, acne scarring is a whole other issue! I now realize cystic acne leaves behind stubborn hyper-pigmentation (more apparent on light skin-tones), and it's very annoying! :(
If you know a good way of getting rid of acne triggered hyper-pigmentation, please leave a comment and let us know!


Hope you found this information helpful!


Have a lovely, beautiful week :):):)
xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment