Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 2013 ipsy

Hello beautiful people!

My glam bag for the month of March came quite early (as it did last month) -- ipsy is sending out bags on a more timely manner now, and surely I'm impressed!

This month's theme is "The Great Escape" -- apropros this month's products are all travel-friendly. Both the product card and bag are super adorable nautical themed (the bag is designed with vertical white-and-blue stripes entangled with anchors and rope). HOW CUTE!



 March 2013 ipsy -- "The Great Escape"


The first product I pulled out from the bag was the Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist (deluxe sample/travel size). I've tried their CC cream from a previous birchbox and did not like it, largely due to the scent. Since Juice Beauty is certified organic and paraben-free, I was concerned the mist might have an off-putting scent as well. But lo and behold, it doesn't! Though it has a strong rose (floral, almost medicinal) scent, it dissipates quickly.


The next product is the Travel-Lite Makeup Remover Wipes packet from LA Fresh. I'm not entirely familiar with the brand, but I think I've seen it around in Target.. In any case, this packet includes a generous 8 wipes. Reminiscent of baby wipes, they have a mild but fresh scent.


I received two Yaby eyeshadows in the shade "So Vein" and "Sand Dune". I'm not quite bold enough to pull off such a powerful emerald green (it's the color of the year), but I'll most definitely use the dark tan shade as an everyday lid color!


The last item of the bag is the highly anticipated magnetic makeup pallet from GlamRX! I don't own anything of the like, but the basic idea is to store depotted eyeshadows, blushes, etc. and change them around according to your needs. The two Yaby shadows, for instance, can be placed in the pallet and magnetically held (as seen in the picture above, right).

I have a feeling the next few glam bags might include more "depotted" shadows that we could collect in the pallet... but who knows? :)


Technically, this month's bag includes 5 products. But.. it's debatable as I would consider the two eyeshadows as one sample (they were of the same brand). Certainly compared to glam bags of the previous months, this month's bag is less impressive considering both product quality and quantity. Nevertheless, I'm content with the originality of the products (believe it or not, beauty sample subscriptions can get very predictable and boring).

Without a doubt, I'll be using every single item in the bag so I think it's worth it!

What do you think about this month's glam bag? Are you also an ipsy subbie? If so, which color shadows did you get? Please share!


Hope you all have a blessed week!
xo Karries

No comments:

Post a Comment